Bronwyn Rees and Kathy Boyle
Art Class Description
This art class is open to all levels of experience. Perfect for beginners!
Bronwyn and Kathy have collaborated in running print workshops on several occasions. Here is what they say about this class:
- We will explore the local environs immersing ourselves in the colours and textures of Autumn in Umbria.
- We will engage in plein air drawing on plastic plate the gorgeous classical surrounds of Umbrian country and historic buildings.
- Back in the studio, using found materials and textures, we will create beautiful plates exploring the possibilities of mark making and textures.
- Using various printmaking techniques, including access to an etching press, we will explore intaglio, stencilling, monoprint, photo based image transfer, chine colle and printing on plaster.
- Other processes may come into play as we conduct our magical mystery tour into the wonderful world of creation without distraction (except for long delicious luncheons)For instance collage, overprinting, stitching and stapling, piercing and cropping to make a series of smaller or larger works, artists’ books or even 3D objects.
At the end of the workshop students will be encouraged to exhibit one or more printed works either for sale or not in an exhibition of the work by the whole class. Local artists and supporters of Art Class Italy will attend the exhibition with a commission payable on any sales to the local gallery.
Materials To Bring
Art Class Italy will supply a range of basic studio supplies. However , you will need to bring materials OR they could be purchased by you. Art Class Italy has arranged a supplier of materials to be there on the first day of class. Art materials are generally 30% cheaper when bought in Italy.
Contact us for the list of materials you should bring.